Accessing Eve and other HomeKit-enabled accessories away from home requires one of the following devices:
• Apple TV (4th generation) with tvOS 9.2 or later
• iPad with iOS 10 or later and Home Hub mode enabled
Remote access requires iOS 9.3 or later on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and iCloud Keychain withtwo-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
Please see this article for all of the details, including setup instructions:
While remote access to your accessories using an older Apple TV (3rd generation) is still supported by Apple, rules and automations will not work.
To access Eve remotely, you need to sign into iCloud with the same Apple ID on both your Apple TV / Home-Hub-enabled iPad and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. iCloud keychain needs to be enabled.
You will need to turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
Please make sure your Eve accessories are within Bluetooth range of your Apple TV or Home-Hub-enabled iPad.
Apple TV and Sleep Mode
Apple TV does not need to be turned on for remote access to work. For it to work reliably we suggest using Apple network components (e.g. Airport Wi-Fi base stations) in simple non-extended networks.
Please ensure that your router (including your cable/DSL router) and other network components do not block UDP ports 7 or 9, as these are used to wake up networking hardware.
If remote access does not work reliably, it may be necessary to disable sleep mode on the Apple TV.
HomeKit and Apple TV and Troubleshooting
If you are having trouble connecting to your accessories from outside your home, please try the following suggestions. Note that both HomeKit technology and Apple TV are Apple products, and therefore not under Elgato's control. Apple TV does not contain any HomeKit settings or diagnostics, and you may have to contact Apple Support for further troubleshooting help.
1) Sign out out of iCloud on your Apple TV, then sign back in.
2) Read the HomeKit page on the Apple support website at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204893 . Be sure to turn on iCloud Drive should you encounter the error "iCloud Data Sync in Progress."
3) Check the System Status page for iCloud on the Apple support website at https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/