Some customers have mentioned problems opening their VSTs after the Wave Link 1.6 update. Others noticed that their VST settings are resetting.
Our Developers looked into this problem, and came up with a solution.
Solution - Update to Wave Link 1.6.1
On December 8, Wave Link 1.6.1 was released. It should take care of many issues relating to VSTs:
- We received feedback about automatic VST scanning, which can be a pain when the number of VSTs is large. Now, when launching Wave Link for the first time, you'll be asked to confirm or cancel VST scanning.
- Resolved an issue causing VST configuration windows to not open.
- Resolved an issue where VST settings were not saved.
- Resolved an issue where VSTs would be disabled when launching Wave Link if a microphone was muted.
If You Still Have Probelms - Collect Logs, Then Use Wave Link 1.5
If you still have problems, after installing Wave Link 1.6.1, then please send our developers some files from your system for analysis.
Those can be collected using the Elgato Reporter tool for Windows:
1) Run the Windows Reporter Utility while using Wave Link 1.6.1.
2) Save the SupportInfo.zip file
3) Contact Elgato Support, and tell us about the specific symptoms you are facing
4) Send the SupportInfo.zip file from Wave Link 1.6.1, if our Support team asks for it
After you do that, you can revert back to Wave Link 1.5:
Please let us know your problems in detail by contacting Elgato Support.
Thank you again for your patience while we work to resolve this problem.