This article will guide you on connecting the PlayStation 5 to the Elgato 4K X.
Required Items for Setup
The following are required to capture PlayStation 5.
- PlayStation 5
- Desktop or laptop with USB 3.2 Gen 2 port*
- Elgato 4K X
- 2 x HDMI cables.
- One is provided with 4K X.
Inputs and Outputs
Elgato 4K has one HDMI input, one HDMI output, one USB output, and one audio input.
This connects to a game console or other video source. Signals protected by HDCP can't be used.
This sends the HDMI signal in real-time to a TV or display so that you can play your game normally.
Analog Audio In
This connects to an analog audio source using a 3.5mm cable. This is the audio line-in and not a microphone port.
This USB-C port sends the captured video to your computer via a USB 3.2 Gen 2 port (USB 3.2 Gen 1 works with reduced capture resolution).
1) Connect your PlayStation 5 directly to your TV set or display via HDMI without using Elgato 4K X.
2) Visit the Settings > System section of the PlayStation 5 interface and turn off Enable HDCP. After that, you can use your PlayStation 5 with Elgato 4K X.
1) Connect your PlayStation 5 to the HDMI In of 4K X via an HDMI cable
2) Connect the HDMI Out of 4K X to your TV or display via an HDMI cable.
3) Connect the 4K X to your computer via a USB cable.
4) Open 4K Capture to start capturing right away or add 4K Pro to your preferred streaming software such as OBS Studio, Xsplit, Streamlabs Desktop and more.