When using Elgato Game Capture HD, you can record Game Audio and Chat Audio from the Xbox One if you purchase a few inexpensive cables.
The Best Way - Elgato Chat Link
Starting November 4, 2015, Elgato Gaming has released the Chat Link cable.
This cable makes it very easy to record Game Audio and Chat Audio from the Xbox One.
See this video and article for more information:
How do I use Chat Link with Elgato Game Capture HD?:
Our advice is to use the Chat Link cable, but if you don't want to, see the instructions below.
To record your own voice, connect a separate microphone to your computer:
How do I use Live Commentary?
What You Need
1. The Microsoft Stereo Headset adapter
2. A CTIA Y-Cable
You will need one like this:
But be careful - there are 2 different types of these Y-Cables named CTIA and OMTP.
What you need is the CTIA one. For more info see the "Standards for audio jacks" section on this page:
3. Another Stereo Y-Cable
This cable will look similar to the CTIA Y-Cable.
The difference between both cables is the 3.5mm plug from the stereo Y-Cable has 3 segments, the CTIA has 4:
Another kind of splitter cable will also do the job:
4. A Stereo Y-Cable RCA to 3.5mm cable
5. The component adapter that shipped with the Elgato Game Capture HD
6. A Headset
For example, the Turtle Beach X11 with separate green and pink 3.5mm plugs.
If your headset does not have a separate 3.5mm plug for the headphones and microphone, but instead only one combined 4 conductor 3.5mm plug for both, then you will need another adapter to split the microphone and headphone signals apart.
These are sometimes known as a "Headset Splitter".
Connect your 4 conductor 3.5mm plug from the headset to the adapter to the Headset Splitter to get separate microphone and headphone 3.5mm plugs.
7. A 2nd Mic to capture your voice for the recording with the Elgato Game Capture HD.
For example, a Blue Yeti USB mic.
How to Connect and Setup
1. Connect the Stereo Headset adapter to your wireless controller.
Don’t forget to update your controller first. For more info see here:
2. Connect the CTIA Y-Cable to the Stereo Headset adapter.
3. Connect the pink 3.5mm plug (microphone plug) from the Headset to the pink jack of the CTIA Y-Cable.
4. Connect the Stereo Y-Cable to the green jack (headphone jack) of the CTIA Y-Cable.
5. Connect the Stereo Y-Cable to the green jack (headphone jack) of the CTIA Y-Cable.
In the other jack attach the 3.5mm plug from the RCA to 3.5 cable.
6. Plug the RCA cable to the Audio input from the component adapter.
7. Connect your additional Mic to the PC.
8. In the Elgato Software:
a. Enable in the Device Setting the option “With analog audio”
b. In the Live Commentary widget select the mic and enable the Live Commentary
My friends do not hear me because the Headset Mic connected to the Microsoft Stereo Headset adapter does not work.
Please update your Wireless Controller.