This article will guide you on installing the Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro in a desktop PC.
Steps Required Before Setup
Download and install Elgato Game Capture HD software:
Items Needed for Setup
• Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro
• Desktop PC with available PCIe 2.0 or higher (x1/x4/x8/x16) slot
• Possibly additional tools depending on your desktop
1) Make sure your desktop PC is turned off, and unplugged from all devices before beginning.
2) Dismantle your computer's tower case so that your motherboard is exposed. This may require tools.
Please Note: Before handling any sensitive components within your computer, you’ll want to make sure you touch a metal side of your computer's case to discharge any static electricity, to prevent static electricity damage. Optionally, you can purchase an anti-static wrist strap to prevent static electricity damage.
3) Once you have access to your motherboard, locate an available PCIe slot.
4) Remove the slot cover on the back of the computer's tower case that lines up with the PCIe slot.
5) Seat the Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro into the PCIe slot.
6) After seating, screw in the Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro to the computer's tower case to secure it into place.
7) Reassemble the computer's tower case and plug your cables back in.
8) Turn on your computer.