This article will show you how to record party chat on the Elgato Game Capture HD60 with the Elgato Gaming Chat Link.
Items Needed For Setup
• Elgato Game Capture HD60
• Elgato Gaming Chat Link
• Compatible headset
Devices This Setup Will Work For
PS4 controllers equipped with 3.5mm headset ports (official Sony PS4 controllers all come equipped with this)
Xbox One controllers equipped with 3.5mm headset ports (the current generation official Microsoft Xbox One controllers come with this port). If you have an early generation Xbox One controller, you will need an Xbox One headset adapter, found here:
Astro Mixamps (note: this setup is not needed if you have an Astro Mixamp TR edition) Equipped with a 4-pole 3.5mm port, the Astro Mixamp can connect directly to the Chat Link.
Note: Setups involving the Astro Mixamp will include the mic audio from your headset as a result of the Astro Mixamp's mic monitoring feature. Using an additional microphone with our Live Commentary feature can possibly cause an echo effect as a result.
1) Plug the male 4-pole 3.5mm jack of the Elgato Gaming Chat Link cable into your PS4 controller, Xbox controller, or Astro Mixamp.
2) Plug your compatible headset into the female 4-pole 3.5mm port of the Elgato Gaming Chat Link.
3) Plug the male 3.5mm jack of the Elgato Gaming Chat Link cable into the 3.5mm analog input port of the HD60.
In Game Capture Software:
1) Open up the device Settings (hammer/wrench icon in the device menu on the right side of the app).
2) Locate Audio Input which is under the Capture tab.
3) Change Audio Input from HDMI Audio (Game Capture HD60) to Analog Audio (Game Capture HD60).
4) Click the OK button.
Recording Your Voice
To record your own voice, connect a separate microphone to your computer:
How do I use Live Commentary?