Below is a comprehensive list of Elgato Stream Deck software releases.
Before updating Elgato Stream Deck, you may want to visit the Preferences and Export your Profile.
Usually no problems happen with each update, but if a rare issue occurs, you'll be able to import your Profile again, with all of your icons and actions intact.
Elgato Stream Deck Release Notes - Software Download Links
Introducing Stream Deck XL
You've asked for it, and here it is: Stream Deck XL, the biggest Stream Deck yet! Featuring a staggering 32 customizable LCD keys, Stream Deck XL takes live production control to a whole new level. Instantly activate scenes, launch media, switch cameras, tweak lighting, adjust audio, post tweets – you know the drill. It's everything you love about Stream Deck, expanded.
Stream Deck XL comes with a 45-degree magnetic stand plus a detachable USB 3.0 Type-C cable, and is available now for $249.99
**Learn more:** [https://www.elgato.com/gaming/stream-deck-xl]
Introducing Stream Deck Mobile
* Stream Deck will now reliably detect and work with OBS Caffeine.
* Tipeeestream actions are now available as a plugin in the Stream Deck Store.
* To support all layouts from 6 to 32 LCD keys, the Stream Deck software window can now be resized by clicking and dragging its corners.
* Control Center actions can now be assigned custom icons.
* Overall bug fixes and improvements.
Hide 4.3 Release Notes
Please Note: On Windows, Elgato Stream Deck 4.2 will display that the plugin is not installed when using OBS 21.x or earlier
In Windows 10, you may see a message that "Elgato Remote Control" plugin is not available. That is the current name of the plugin that interfaces with OBS.
In macOS, OBS 21.x will simply crash on launch.
A workaround is to:
1. Update OBS. The latest version is 23.1
2. Install (or Reintall) Elgato Stream Deck 4.2
OBS 22.x may also work fine, but we always recommend that you use the latest available version of OBS.
If you do not wish to upgrade to the latest OBS from OBS 21.x, you can downgrade Elgato Stream Deck 4.2 to version 4.1, by using the links lower down in this article.
You can download OBS here:
We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
Group support in OBS and Streamlabs OBS
OBS Studio and Streamlabs OBS have the ability to combine sources into groups. With this update, Stream Deck can now control groups of sources in addition to individual sources.
Thanks to awesome developers making use of Stream Deck's SDK, a number of new integrations can be downloaded free of charge. Click the More Actions button at the bottom right of the Actions list to get started.
- Control your Philips Hue Lights: Turn on and off, change color and more with the new Philips Hue plugin.
- Control your Nanoleaf Panels: At the press of a key turn your Nanoleaf lights on, off, change the color and more.
- Control Spotify: Now the controls for Spotify are always at your fingertips; play, pause, shuffle, change volume and much more with the Spotify plugin. This even works for controlling other playback devices that are logged into the same Spotify account. Pretty cool!
- Control NVIDIA ShadowPlay: Stream Deck can control all the functions of NVIDIA ShadowPlay. Start a recording, or save the last 5 minutes of gameplay, bring up the settings or activate the in-game FPS overlay.
Bug fixes and improvements
- New Control Center icons
- Mouse wheel scrolling works again in the Actions List
- Properties of actions from plugins load faster
- Made some changes to make editing of the Stream Deck canvas easier when using Smart Profiles
- Stream Deck now detects when OBS Studio is running but the plugin is not installed and shows a message on how to install the Stream Deck OBS Studio plugin
- Lots of other bug fixes and improvements
Hide 4.2 Release Notes
Improved Stream Deck SDK
Stream Deck 4.0 introduced Stream Deck SDK to equip third-party developers to build new integrations. In just a month, we’ve received some inspiring new plugins, which you can easily install by clicking More Actions at the bottom right of the Stream Deck app.
Stream Deck 4.1 improves the SDK by adding new APIs to make it even easier to create custom actions.
To start building your very own Stream Deck plugin, check out the Developer Documentation. Have any technical questions? Feel free to post them on the new StreamDeckSDK Subreddit.
Improved Elgato Control Center Integration
We've heard your feedback. In addition to improvements, this update adds more actions to Control Center to make the best studio lighting for content creators even better - Elgato Key Light.
- New action: Adjust Brightness
- Now you can brighten or dim by 1% per key press.
- Step size can be set to plus or minus 1%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 50% and 100%.
- New action: Adjust Temperature
- Now you can incrementally turn the temperature up or down with a key press.
- Step size can be set to increments ranging between 10 and 500 K.
- Set Brightness now displays percentage in the property inspector.
- Set Color Temperature now displays the kelvin value in the property inspector.
Discover Key Light. Download Control Center here.
- Enhanced reliability when copying and pasting subfolders between profiles.
- Improved script initiation when executing a shell script via an Open action on macOS.
- Title and icon update correctly when dropping a new path to an existing Open action.
- Overall bug fixes
Hide 4.1 Release Notes
Stream Deck SDK
We're excited to announce that Stream Deck 4.0 marks the release of the long-awaited, much requested SDK! Do you have an idea for a new action? Do you work on software you wish had Stream Deck integration? Now, with the SDK, you can build the perfect plugin. We can't wait to see what you'll come up with! We'd like to thank the five launch partners who provided us with valuable feedback during development of the SDK. Their plugins are available immediately via the "More Actions" button you'll now find on the bottom right of the actions list.
- OvrStream - delivers automated, beautifully animated alerts and overlays for streamers
- VoiceMod - free real time voice changing & modulation
- vMix - complete live video production software solution
- StreamElements - control alerts, overlays and OBS.Live
- SoundFlow - shortcuts & workflow app for Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton and more
Elgato Control Center Integration
This version adds Control Center actions. Control Center is the new app for controlling the best studio lighting solution for content creators - Elgato Key Light.
- Turn Key Light on/off
- Change color temperature
- Change brightness
- macOS Mojave support
- Korean localization
- Improved support for multiple users
- Lots and lots of bug fixes
Hide 4.0 Release Notes
Twitch Stream Markers
Recently, Twitch added the ability to place highlight markers while streaming for easier editing of VODs - a great feature that's even better with Stream Deck! Simply tap a Stream Deck key to find your stream marker set in Twitch's Highlighter tool. Keeping track of funny moments or epic Fortnite build-offs has never been easier.
- Improved hotkey support for Final Cut Pro X and Keyboard Maestro on macOS
- Other bug fixes
Hide 3.3 Release Notes
Stream Deck makes remembering keyboard shortcuts an issue of the past. In this update, we focused on fine-tuning the already powerful hotkey actions even more. You can now:
- use modifier keys as single keys
- differentiate between left and right modifiers
- use keys you don't have on your keyboard (F17, Page Up, Page Down, ...)
- use the Fn key on macOS
The following new actions have been added:
- Twitch: Clear Chat
- Mixer: Change Stream/Game Title
- Tipeeestream: Play Credits
If you use GIF icons on your Stream Deck, you'll now find support for non-looping GIFs as well. This makes it possible to create icons that run through an animation before returning to their default state.
Hide 3.2 Release Notes
With this update, your Stream Deck becomes more powerful than ever.
Introducing Multi Actions
If you think tapping a key to execute an action is impressive, you’ll love Multi Actions. That’s right – assign as many actions as you want to a single key, and launch them all with a tap. Either one after another separated by intervals, or simultaneously. It's your choice. Example: Start your stream, and switch to your intro countdown scene, wait 1 minute, tweet you are live, wait 3 minutes, change your scene to full screen webcam, unmute your mic, and post a welcome message to your chat - all with 1 key press.
New Timer Action
Need to set yourself a reminder? It couldn't be easier with the new Timer action. Just set the desired duration and press the key to start the countdown.
Hide 3.1 Release Notes
A New Look
Stream Deck 1.0 was released about one year ago. A lot has happened since then, so we thought it’s high time for a little makeover. In this release you'll find a beautiful, more modern and spacious UI, complete with shiny new icons for all actions.
Revamped Actions List
The actions list doesn't just look better. It's also easier to use than ever. With the new search bar, type in a search term like "chat" or "scene", and you'll immediately see all related actions across categories. Hit the edit button beside the search bar, and you can tweak the actions list exactly to your liking. Alphabetical order not your thing? Rearrange the list however you see fit. Don't want all actions or categories visible at all times? Simply uncheck them.
The next level of personalizing your Stream Deck is here, and we can't wait to see what you come up with!
Easily customize your text labels’ font, size, color and more.
Drag and Drop Magic
Wouldn't it be great to do more via drag and drop? Well, now you can:
- Drag icons you designed in Key Creator directly from the website into the Stream Deck app. No more downloading and adding from there.
- Dragging an application onto the canvas automatically creates an "Open" action with the correct icon.
- Dragging an audio file onto the canvas automatically creates a Soundboard action.
Hide 3.0 Release Notes
With this update, your Stream Deck will go to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity. Head to Preferences > Sleep After to change this duration and customize your Sleep Mode needs. Now, Stream Deck will automatically turn off when idle for a certain amount of time. And a tap of any key will bring it back to life.
Stream Deck’s integrated Soundboard has become very popular, so we thought we’d make it even better based on your feedback:
- Added a ‘Loop / Stop’ action
- If a folder is selected, a random audio file from the folder is played
- .flac files are now supported
Hide 2.3 Release Notes
Following the release of Streamlabs OBS (SLOBS) two months ago, we received a TON of requests for Stream Deck support. Since then, we've been hard at work with the awesome Streamlabs team to whip up an integration we think you'll love. Your Stream Deck can now:
Stream Deck automatically detects all your Streamlabs OBS scenes, and makes switching between them easier than ever. Better yet, visual feedback on Stream Deck lets you identify your active scene at a glance.
From your mic and overlays to camera angles, videos, memes and everything else - take control of your entire SLOBS setup.
Start & Stop Streaming or Recording
These actions do what they say, and they do it well!
Hide 2.2 Release Notes
Your Stream Deck is now a highly customizable Soundboard! Playing a sound bite, audio effect, or music clip has never been easier.
Asking your chat to save a clip is great. But you know what's even better? Simply pushing a key on your Stream Deck to instantly save a clip of your stream, whenever you want. Note: you will need to log in to your Twitch account again after triggering the Clips action for the first time.
- Attachments: Make your pre-composed tweets stand out by adding images, GIFs or videos.
- Display Name: Here's a first. We've added a new action that lets you switch your display name on Twitter, just by pushing a key on your Stream Deck. That way you can instantly let your followers know you're live without having to change settings before every stream.
Dedicated Text Action
Paste a pre-composed text message into any active field. Whether you're a mod, a developer, or just trying to up your productivity, this action will no doubt come in handy.
Hide 2.1 Release Notes
Stream Deck can now automatically switch to the profile assigned to an app when that app is brought to the foreground. Think Apple's Touch Bar, but cooler!
Multi Device Support
15 keys just don't cut it? Rejoice! You can now use multiple Stream Decks on the same PC. Unlimited actions just became, well, super-unlimited!
Taking complete control of all your Streamlabs widgets has never been easier. Eight new actions let you mute alerts, empty your tip jar, and much more. While API level integration ensures your Stream Deck and Streamlabs Dashboard stay in sync throughout.
Dedicated Record & Stream Actions for OBS
Our quest to make hotkeys a thing of the past continues. Start and stop recordings and livestreams in OBS Studio with these new, dedicated actions.
New Firmware with Debouncing
Some users have experienced actions being unintentionally executed twice. New firmware solves this issue. Note that you will need to manually update Stream Deck's firmware from the Preferences window.
More Additions and Improvements
We sprinkled more good stuff all over the Stream Deck app:
- New Brightness action: control the brightness of Stream Deck using a dedicated action
- Preferences window redesigned to accommodate Smart Profiles and multiple devices
- OBS actions are more reliable following a re-write of Stream Deck's OBS plugin
- A '0 Minutes (Any followers)' option has been added to the Twitch Followers Chat action
- Exporting profiles has been fine-tuned for greater reliability
- Action states were sometimes lost when switching between profiles - not anymore
- Improved the account login process which sometimes requested credentials multiple times
Hide 2.0 Release Notes
Your Mixer stream just got an upgrade. With one key-press, you can now:
- Post pre-composed chat messages
- Clear your chat history
- Activate / deactivate slow chat
280 Character Tweets
For better or worse, Twitter increased the character limit from 140 to 280 – all of which you can now employ in your pre-composed tweets.
Work on Stream Deck 1.7 is well underway, so count on seeing some more nifty functionality soon. While we’re at it, what features would you like us to add? Streamlabs integration? Extra Twitter functionality? Maybe an easy-to-use Soundboard? Let us know on [Twitter](https://www.twitter.com/elgatogaming) - we love hearing from you!
Hide 1.6 Release Notes
We're thrilled to add the first two dedicated YouTube actions to Stream Deck. You can now:
- View your live viewer count directly on Stream Deck.
- Easily post pre-composed chat messages.
The Stream Deck App is now available in German, French, Spanish, Japanese and simplified Chinese.
Customizable Back Key
The only key on Stream Deck we haven't let you customize yet is now all yours.
- The "Open" action can now be used to open folders (in addition to apps and files). Note: on Windows 10, you need to drag and drop the desired folder into the Property Inspector, selecting it via the "Choose..." button will not work.
- All windows now have proper borders.
Hide 1.5 Release Notes
Layouts were just the beginning. With Profiles, easily switch between Stream Deck configurations and select your best for the job at hand. Now, you can:
- Create dedicated profiles for different games you stream, different applications you use, and more.
- Switch profiles on the fly with a tap of your Stream Deck or a click in the app.
- Easily export and import profiles to share them with others and expand your collection.
15 folders aren’t enough? You can now add folders within folders – as many as you like.
New Stream Deck Action Category
To maintain the convenient drag-and-drop functionality you’ve come to love, we’ve added dedicated actions for creating new folders and switching between profiles. You’ll find this new Stream Deck category at the bottom of the Action list.
Hide 1.4 Release Notes
XSplit support has become one of the most frequently requested features since we launched Stream Deck three months ago. Now, it’s a reality. We’ve worked closely with the team at XSplit to bring you powerful API-level integration that enables you to engage scenes, audio, media, and more – with total Stream Deck control. The result? Your XSplit production has never been easier.
To get started, simply download the latest XSplit 3.1 PTR via https://www.xsplit.com/blog/xsplit-broadcaster-ptr. An Elgato Stream Deck extension is automatically added with this update. And that's it! Your XSplit configuration is now available in the Stream Deck App. In the days and weeks to come, we'll share tutorials to help you make the most of this powerful new integration. Have any questions? Reach out to us on Twitter, or leave a note on our Subreddit.
Hide 1.3.0 Release Notes
- Preferences are now available from the main window on macOS
- Fixes Ctrl+Left, Ctrl+Right not working as hotkeys on Windows
- Fixes some hotkey problems with OBS Studio on macOS
- Fixes an issue where pressing 2 keys at the same time would not work
- Show icon alert when an action is not valid (for example trying to tweet without account)
- Improves TipeeeStream state change notifications
- If you’re an XSplit user, we think you’ll love the next release
Stream Deck 1.2 adds four new Twitch actions:
- Turn followers only chat on and off
- Turn emote only chat on and off
- Change your stream title and game directory on the fly
- Play an ad (currently limited to partnered channels)
- Modifier keys can be individually assigned as hotkeys
- Command window gets hidden when executing batch files on Windows
- Two keys can now be pressed at the same time. WASD on your Stream Deck, anyone?
- Various improvements to Stream Deck’s Tipeeestream integration:
- Scene elements now display a correct state
- Login via Mixer now works
- Inactive scene elements are now marked in Stream Deck
- Twitter login dialog shows correct language
- Arrow keys execute as intended
- OBS now also receives hotkeys if focus is set to any other app.
- Space and arrow keys can be used for hotkey actions on macOS.
- A few users reported their Ping in games increased when Stream Deck was running. This should not happen anymore.
- Key up events are detected properly.
- Hotkey actions making use of the Windows key now work as expected.
- Improved Hotkey functionality to work properly with some games (e.g. Elite Dangerous, Rainbow Six: Siege)
- Fixed Twitter login window occasionally displaying the wrong language
- Error messages have been rewritten to provide more information
- Crash and bug fixes plus small backend improvements
- Option to launch a web page without opening a browser window. If you're a developer, you can now use Stream Deck to trigger a web request in the background. Happy tinkering!
- Folders can be added via a key's context menu.
- Custom hotkeys now support press-and-hold functionality, enabling push-to-talk, push-to-mute, and more!
- Keys can be swapped within the canvas via simple drag and drop.
- Added support for TipeeeStream Sound Elements. Turning Stream Deck into a soundboard has never been easier.
- Web page URLs work without requiring an http:// prefix.
- Property inspector for the Hotkey Switch action immediately displays both entry fields.
- Hotkey actions now distinguish between number and numpad keys.
- Posting messages to Twitch is possible when Stream Deck preferences are open.
- Twitch viewer count is now perfectly positioned.
- Many other minor UI and usability improvements.
All you Stream Deck users from all over the world have sent us fantastic suggestions. Thank you! Using your feedback, we’re hard at work improving existing actions and adding support for your favorite apps. Keep your ideas coming and let us know how you use (or would like to use) Stream Deck on Twitter or our Subreddit. We love hearing from you!
Hide 1.1.0 Release Notes
- To all Beam enthusiasts - Stream Deck now also interacts with OBS Studio with FTL.
- Better hotkey support - Improvements to Stream Deck's hotkey actions let them control applications more reliably now.
- Stability improvements.
- Start from scratch - There’s now a “Clear” button in Stream Deck’s Preferences, so you can quickly start a new configuration.
- Stay in sync - Some Stream Deck actions require data from 3rd party apps or services. A “Refresh” button was added to those actions’ Property Inspector to update settings.
- OBS Plugin installation - OBS Studio can now be installed in any location and the Stream Deck plugin will be installed in the same location.
- Custom install directory for Stream Deck - Stream Deck can now be installed in locations other than the default location.
- Stability improvements.
- First Public Release of Elgato Stream Deck