Please Note: OBS Link is not needed for the newer Elgato Game Capture HD60 S+ model. Elgato Game Capture HD60 S+ can directly connect to OBS Studio on the Mac without any extra software.
Listening to Game Audio in OBS Studio
To check sound levels, or listen to gameplay sound, OBS Studio can output OBS Link sound to the Mac's audio output, such as speakers or connected headphones.
To enable audio monitoring in OBS Studio:
1) Right click in the Mixer area
2) Open the Advanced Audio Properties:
3) In the Audio Monitoring category, select the Preferred Output Mode:
- Monitor Only (Mute output) – This mode will output the sound of the source to the Desktop only. Desktop audio will need to be enabled for the sound to be captured.
- Monitor and Output - This mode will output the sound of the source to the stream and Desktop audio separately. This allows for individual audio control, such as listening to game audio while the sound is muted for the stream.
By default, OBS Studio will output the monitor audio to the default playback device.
To change the monitoring output device, open the OBS Studio settings and click on the Audio tab.
Find Monitoring Device and select the audio device that monitored audio will play back over.