- HDR capable monitor connected to PC
1) Download and install Potplayer 64bit from https://potplayer.daum.net/
2) After Potplayer is installed, download and install MadVR from http://madvr.com/
3) Move the MadVR zip file that was downloaded to a location where it wont be deleted, such as the documents folder, then extract the zip file.
4) Open the MadVR folder and find the install.bat file. Right click on the file and select run as administrator. A command line window will open saying the files have been put in place and to not delete the MadVR folder.
5) Open Potplayer. Click anywhere inside the video player, move the mouse over the “Video” option, and in the next menu hover over “Video Renderer” and from the list select “Madshi Video Renderer”
6) Right click in the video player and hover over the “Video” item. In the next menu, at the bottom open the video processing settings”
7) Next to the Madshi Video player is an icon with three dots (…). Click to open the video player preferences.
8) In the window that opens, click on “Edit Settings”
9) Another window will open with more options. Click on the “Devices” dropdown. Select the monitor which is capable of HDR and expand the settings. Select the HDR category and make sure “Let madVR decide” is selected, then select OK to close the settings.