When configuring OBS Studio actions, you may see a message that "Elgato Remote Control plugin is missing". That is the current name of the plugin that interfaces with OBS Studio. This plugin is installed into OBS Studio when the Stream Deck software is installed. This message appears if the plugin is not correctly installed or not able to communicate with the Stream Deck software.
If you're experiencing this issue, please try the following steps in this order:
1. Quit OBS Studio
2. Quit the Stream Deck app
3. Launch OBS Studio
4. Launch the Stream Deck app.
5. Select an OBS Studio Scene key in Stream Deck software to confirm the error.
6. Quit OBS Studio.
7. Quit the Stream Deck app.
8. Reinstall Stream Deck software from our latest downloads here: http://e.lga.to/download
If these steps have not helped, please check the installation location for the Stream Deck software and OBS. If they are installed on 2 different drives or partitions for example (Drive:C and Drive D:, or both on any other Drive than the C: Drive - which is usually where Windows 10 is installed), then this may already be a reason for this problem.
In this case, please uninstall OBS and the Stream Deck Software.
1) Install OBS Studio onto the default Drive C:
2) Install Elgato Stream Deck onto the default Drive C:
3) Reboot Windows 10 and retest it
For macOS, please make sure that OBS and the Stream Deck software both are installed and listed in Finder > Applications
If the issue remains, please contact our Support Team here.