Below is a comprehensive list of Elgato Wave Link releases.
Elgato Wave Link Release Notes - Software Download Links
🆕 Support for Apple M1
Macs with Apple Silicon are now supported. With underlying changes in macOS Big Sur and Apple Silicon, additional setup steps are required for enabling Wave Link audio routing functionality. A step-by-step guide is available here.
🆕 EpocCam can now be selected as an audio input.
Note: EpocCam Pro is requireda
🛠 Various bug fixes and performance improvements
- (Windows) Improved reliability when restoring audio routing settings after performing driver update.
🆕 Audio Routing Improvements
This Wave Link update includes massive under-the-hood improvements to audio routing. Wave Link now tracks which applications are going to which output and will re-assign the applications should they change from the selected output for any reason.
Thanks to our beta testers, these improvements to audio routing stability and reliability have seen amazing results.
ℹ A note about audio routing for Windows users: You may notice that certain games do not behave correctly with audio routing. One of the more notable examples is Fall Guys. No matter what you choose, Fall Guys will always output sound to the default sound output. This is hard-coded into the game and prevents it from being able to route to different outputs. We are investigating and exploring ways of capturing the audio from games like these so they can be routed to Wave Link channel.
⚠ Existing audio routing settings may be reset with this update and need to be re-applied.
🔁 Improved level meter rendering
The level meter rendering code has gone through some optimization, using up to 2x less CPU and GPU resources.
When using Wave Link on MacBook Pro with a dedicated GPU, the dedicated GPU will not be used when Wave Link is running, improving battery life.
🛠 Fixed an issue where Wave Link would hang and crash during startup on some Windows systems.
🛠 Various bug fixes and performance improvements
This release brings macOS 11 Big Sur compatibility to Wave Link.
If you've been waiting to update to macOS 11 Big Sur because of Wave Link, we thank you for your patience.
After installing Wave Link 1.1.5, you can safely update your Mac to macOS 11 Big Sur. If you’re already running macOS 11 Big Sur, download Wave Link 1.1.5 from elgato.com/download.
Wave Gain Lock
Has your input gain been changing on its own? Rest assured, your Wave microphone is not glitching. Other applications are automatically adjusting your gain level in an attempt to make your life easier. Sometimes it works but most often not. Which is why this update features Wave Gain Lock, a handy safeguard you can activate to prohibit third-party apps from tweaking your gain. Now, exclusive control is yours via the onboard dial, Wave Link app, and Stream Deck.
PlayStation 4 Support:
Wave:1 and Wave:3 now work natively as a microphone when connected to a PS4.
- Did you know: you can use your Wave microphone as a headphone output on PS4. the high-power headphone output and cutting edge analog to digital converter vastly increase volume and detail, while the onboard control dial lets you adjust levels without menu diving. Connect headphones to your Wave microphone now, and instantly upgrade your listening experience on PS4.
LED Meter Direction (Wave:3 only)
It's common practice to suspend a microphone in an overhead position, which inverts feedback meters and other visual indicators. If this is how you mount your Wave:3, you can now switch the LED meter direction to move from right to left (left to right when upside down).
Control Dial Configuration (Wave:1 only)
Until now, your Wave:1 control dial only adjusted headphone volume. With this update, you can assign it to adjust gain. Your mic, your rules.
We've added a Setup Wizard to help you get started even faster. Please note that if you've used Wave Link before this update, you will not see this Setup Wizard.
Bug fixes and optimizations:
- The Windows message box "Are you sure you want to quit Wave Link?" is no longer displayed when updating software or shutting down your system.
- Minor bug fixes, localization improvements, and more
Wave Link is now available in the following languages:
This update includes back-end changes to prepare for two Stream Deck integration improvements which you, our awesome community, requested:
- We're adding a new action called Toggle Monitor Mix, which lets you switch between two Monitor Mix output devices — such as headphones and speakers — at the tap of a key.
- Adjust Input Volume now adjusts Stream Mix and Monitor Mix together as one when their faders are linked.
• Launching Wave Link on Windows now shows the user interface, always
• No more stuttering after opening Wave Link for the first time on macOS
• Wave Link won’t crash when updating on macOS
• The Stream Deck integration on macOS looks perfect
• Your precious GoXLR audio device icons will not be overridden
• Monitor Mix now displays the GoXLR system audio device as an output
• 1.1 is First Public Release of Wave Link
• Create two completely independent output mixes
• Nine independent input channels to blend audio sources in real time
• Stream Deck integration
• Device support for Wave:1 and Wave:3