The 4K60 Pro MK.2 received a firmware update which enabled the capability of outputting RGB 4:4:4 video in the RGB format to compatible programs.
The Elgato 4K Capture Utility always record in the 4:2:0 chroma. To record in 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 chroma, 3rd party software must be used.
There are requirements for both driver and firmware to enable RGB 4:4:4 output.
- Version 184.108.40.206 or newer
- Version 19.08.08 (MCU: 19.10.07 / FPGA: 19.09.27) or newer
Update 4K60 Pro MK.2 Driver
To get the latest driver for 4K60 Pro MK.2, go to http://e.lga.to/drivers.
Update 4K60 Pro MK.2 Firmware
To update the firmware of the 4K60 Pro MK.2, follow these steps
1) Download and install the newest version of the Elgato 4K Capture Utility software
2) Open the 4K Capture Utility software
3) press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard, and while doing so click on the settings button at the top right of the 4K Capture Utility
4) In the settings Window, click on the Device tab
5) Select the 4K60 Pro MK.2 and click on Update firmware then follow the instructions
6) After the firmware update is complete, restart the PC
Configure RGB 4:4:4 Output from 4K60 Pro MK.2 in OBS Studio
1) Add the 4K60 Pro MK.2 as a video capture device source in OBS Studio
2) Right click on the source and select properties
3) In the source properties, set these settings:
- Resolution/FPS Type: Custom
- Resolution: Match the input resolution into the capture card
- FPS: Match output FPS
- Video Format: XRGB
- Color space: 709
- Color range:
- Set this option to limited if the signal coming into the capture card is limited range
- Set this option to full if the signal coming into the capture card is full range