PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S have the capability to output high refresh rate video at 120Hz at various resolutions.
To maintain a 120Hz output from PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X/S, the entire video signal chain and connected devices, such as the TV/Monitor and capture card need to be able to support 120Hz.
Console -> Capture card -> TV/Monitor
Table of Contents
- Next-gen consoles and 120Hz support
Next-gen consoles and 120Hz support
These are the resolutions at which 120Hz output are supported on the consoles.
- 1920 x 1080 (1080p) at 120Hz
- 2560 x 1440 (1440p) at 120Hz
- 3840 x 2160 (4K) at 120Hz
Xbox Series X/S
- 1920x1080 (1080p) at 120Hz
- 2560x 1440 (1440p) at 120Hz
- 3840x2160 (4K) at 120Hz
4K at 120Hz requires HDMI 2.1 due to the extreme bandwidth required. At this time there are no Elgato capture device that support HDMI 2.1. More on Elgato and HDMI 2.1 information can be found here.
Elgato capture devices that support 120Hz passthrough and/or capture
These devices support 120Hz input and capture:
- Elgato Game Capture HD60 X
- Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro
- Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2
Determine if your setup supports 120Hz passthrough and capture
Xbox Series X/S
If you have a Xbox Series X/S plugged into 4K60 Pro and are using a 120Hz monitor, you will be able to play and capture at either 1080p 120Hz or 1440p 120Hz, depending on which resolution your monitor supports.
If you have a PlayStation 5 plugged into 4K60 Pro and are using a 120Hz monitor, you will be able to play and capture at 1080p or 1440p 120Hz.
Recording 120 frames-per-second (fps) video
When capturing a 120Hz signal, recording frame rate in the 4K Capture Utility will be 60fps. The 120Hz signal will be converted to 60fps during recording.
To record the full 120Hz signal into a 120fps video, other software such as OBS Studio must be used and configured to record at 120fps.
Capture devices that do NOT support 120Hz at any resolution
- Elgato HD
- Elgato HD60
- Elgato HD60 S
- Elgato HD60 S+
- Elgato HD60 Pro
- Elgato 4K60 S+
- Cam Link
- Cam Link 4K
- Cam Link Pro
If 120Hz is not working
In some cases, there may be communication issues between the TV/Monitor and the capture card, which prevents 1080p120 Hz from working correctly. If that is happening, please try the steps below:
1) Open the Elgato 4K Capture Utility software
2) Open the settings by clicking on the cog at the top right of 4K Capture Utility
3) In the settings navigate to the Device tab
4) From the EDID Mode dropdown menu select Display
5) Click Apply and Ok. The capture card signal and attached TV/Monitor may flash for a second
6) Verify that 1080p120Hz is working