This article will guide you on connecting the Xbox Series X/S to Elgato HD60 S.
HD60 S connects to the Xbox Series X/S using HDMI. It can passthrough video to a TV set also using HDMI. An HDMI cable is included in the box.
Before you set things up, make sure to connect your Xbox Series X/S directly to your TV set or display via HDMI, without using HD60 S.
After that, you can use your Xbox Series X/S with HD60 S.
Inputs and Outputs
HD60 S has two inputs, and two outputs:
This connects to a game console or other video source. Signals protected by HDCP can't be used.
Analog Audio In
This connects to an analog audio source, using an 3.5mm cable. This is audio line in, and not a microphone port.
This USB-C port sends the raw video to your computer via USB 3.x. This high speed connection allows for the Instant Gameview low latency preview of the Elgato Game Capture HD60 S. The preview will only be delayed by 50-100 milliseconds.
This sends the HDMI signal in real time to a TV or display, so you can play your game normally.
1) Download and install the 4K Capture Utility software from https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/downloads
2) Connect your Xbox Series X/S to the HDMI In of HD60 S via an HDMI cable
3) Connect the HDMI Out of HD60 S to your TV or display via an HDMI cable.
4) Connect the HD60 S to your computer via a USB cable.
5) Open the 4K Capture Utility software to start capturing right away, or add HD60 S as video source into your preferred streaming software.