Elgato is investigating a sporadic issue where Wave Link and Windows system audio will stop working and reset itself.
Wave Link 1.1.7 Audio Issue
Symptoms of this issue may include the Windows speaker icon in the task tray displaying a speaker with a red X over it, and audio may stop working until the audio troubleshooter is run or the PC is restarted.
This issue is happening only on Windows 10 with Wave Link 1.1.7. Not every user may encounter this issue.
While Elgato works to fix this issue, this solution can be used to continue using Wave Link:
1) Type 'Uninstall' Search bar
2) Open 'Add or Remove Programs'
3) In the app list find Elgato Wave Link
4) Select Elgato Wave Link and click on uninstall
5) When asked to keep or delete settings, select delete
Note: This will reset your Wave Link configuration and Windows audio routing settings.
6) After the uninstall is complete, download Wave Link 1.1.6 from Elgato.com.
7) Install Wave Link 1.1.6
8) Once Wave Link 1.1.6 is installed, restart the PC
If this solution does not resolve the issue, please contact Elgato support by going to http://e.lga.to/help.