This guide will go over how to troubleshoot an issue where video in programs appears green, distorted, or duplicated when using Elgato 4K60 Pro MK.2.
Check The PCIe Slot Speed
Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2 requires a PCIe 2.0 x4 connection.
Learn about how to identify PCIe slot and connection speed.
Check PCIe lane Speed
How to check which PCIe speed 4K60 Pro MK.2 is using in software.
1) Download and install OBS Studio.
2) Open OBS Studio
3) In the sources box, click the + button or right-click
4) Select Video Capture Device and give the source a name
5) From the dropdown menu, select Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2
6) In the properties area, click on Configure. The 4K60 Pro MK.2 driver panel will open.
7) Look for the PCI Info and ensure it reads as Gen 2 x4
If the readout is lower, such as Gen 2 x 1, then the PCIe speed is too slow. Please try moving 4K60 Pro MK.2 into a different PCIe slot.
Update 4K60 Pro MK.2 Firmware
Updating 4K60 Pro MK.2 to the latest firmware may help with video issues.
Refer to this guide to update 4K60 Pro MK.2 firmware.