This guide will show you how to use Effects with Camera Hub. A virtual AI green screen that replaces your room.
Table of Content:
- System Requirements
- Setup Video
- How to install NVIDIA Video Effects
- How-to-Use Camera Hub Effects
- Troubleshooting and Support
- Elgato Cam Link 4K or Elgato Facecam
- Elgato Camera Hub 1.3 or later: elgato.com/downloads
- NVIDIA GPU RTX 20 or 30 series
- NVIDIA Video Effects SDK 0.6.5 (beta) or newer from NVIDIA.com.
📺 Setup Video
How to install NVIDIA Video Effects SDK
1) Download and install NVIDIA Video Effects SDK from NVIDIA.com.
ℹ️ If the incorrect series was selected, the background replacement will NOT work. To verify your GPU model, open Windows Device Manager > Display adapters.
2) Open the installation wizard and follow the on-screen prompts. The “setup was complete successfully” message indicates the installation was successful.
3) Close the message and restart the computer.
How-to-Use Camera Hub Effects
Once NVIDIA Video Effects SDK has been installed, we’re ready to use Camera Hub Effects.
1) Download and install Camera Hub from elgato.com/downloads.
2) Open Camera Hub and navigate to Effects near the top-left.
3) The side tab will list the available effects. Select a background or choose your own by clicking the ➕ sign.
ℹ️ Camera Hub supports .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg & .png images.
4) Once an Effect has been selected, it’ll automatically change your background. You can now minimize Camera Hub.
ℹ️ To use the background effects in other applications such as Microsoft Teams, OBS Studio, Zoom, or Slack, open the app’s setting and select the Elgato Virtual Camera as your camera.
Troubleshooting and Support
Background not changing? Please follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of Elgato Camera Hub
- Download the latest NVIDIA Graphics Driver
- Download the latest NVIDIA Video Effects SDK (If the incorrect Video Effects SDK was installed, Camera Hub Effects will NOT work)
- If you're using an application such as Microsoft Teams, OBS Studio, or Zoom, select Elgato Virtual Camera as your Video device.
- Close any other applications using Elgato Facecam
- Restart the computer.
If the above steps do not help, please contact our customer support team at elgato.com.