This guide will cover installing and registering Elgato Audio Effects with Wave Link.
Table of Content:
- System Requirements
- How to install NVIDIA Audio Effects SDK
- How to install Elgato Audio Effects
- How to register Elgato Audio Effects with Wave Link
- How-to-use NVIDIA Broadcast Noise Removal by Elgato
- High GPU Usage
- Windows 10/11
- A Wave device (Wave:1, Wave:3 Wave XLR)
- Wave Link 1.5 or newer
- Elgato Audio Effects 1.5.0 or newer
ℹ️ Wave Link and Elgato Audio Effects are available at elgato.com
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30-series or RTX 20-series
- NVIDIA Audio Effects SDK 126.96.36.199 or newer
ℹ️ NVIDIA Audio Effects SDK is available at nvidia.com.
How to install NVIDIA Audio Effects SDK
1) Download the latest NVIDIA Audio Effects SDK from nvidia.com.
ℹ️ If the incorrect NVIDIA GeForce RTX Series is selected, Elgato Audio Effects will NOT work.
2) Follow the on-screen prompts until the installer has finished and close the message. We're now ready to install Elgato Audio Effects.
How to install Elgato Audio Effects
1) Download and install Elgato Audio Effects from elgato.com.
2) Follow the on-screen prompts - “Completed the Elgato Audio Effects Setup Wizard” will indicate the installation was successful.
ℹ️ Elgato Audio Effects will be placed in “C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3” and cannot be changed as specified by the VST3 standard.
How to register Elgato Audio Effects with Wave Link
Elgato Audio Effects must be registered with Wave Link before it’s available. Please follow these steps.
1) Open Wave Link and navigate to Preferences
2) Select the Audio Effects tab.
3) Under the Audio Effects tab, select Scan Plugin Folders. A message will indicate if any new VSTs were found.
ℹ️ To view your registered VSTs, select Show Scanned Plugins under the Audio Effects tab.
Please click here for more information on registering VSTs such as NVIDIA Broadcast Noise Removal by Elgato.
How-to-use NVIDIA Broadcast Noise Removal by Elgato
Once NVIDIA Broadcast Noise Removal by Elgato has registered, we’re ready to configure it.
1) Navigate to Audio Effects.
2) Add a new Audio Effect by clicking the ➕ icon.
3) Search for NVIDIA Broadcast Noise Removal by Elgato.
ℹ️Not listed? Verify Elgato Audio Effects is installed in C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST3/Elgato and has been registered with Wave Link.
4) A new window will appear, giving you the option to adjust the “Strength” of the Noise Removal. We suggest using a lower strength% when possible for the best audio quality.
5) To verify NVIDIA Broadcast Noise Removal by Elgato is working, check the Monitor or Stream Mix.
High GPU Usage
The GPU usage information in Windows Task Manager or other hardware monitoring software shows the relative usage at the GPUs current clock speed. When your GPU is not doing much work, it runs slower to save power, and NVIDIA Broadcast Noise Removal by Elgato will take up a more significant proportion of that.
Once your GPU begins running your favorite streaming software or video game, GPU usage reportedly used by Wave Link will drop dramatically.
Troubleshooting and Support
For additional help or support, please don’t hesitate to contact us at elgato.com/help.