This guide will cover the steps for Stream Deck with OBS Studio running in portable mode.
This guide is for Windows 11.
OBS Studio Portable Mode
This guide will not explain how to run OBS Studio in portable mode. A guide for that can be found here.
Depending on which version of OBS Studio you use in portable mode, you may not need to do the steps below.
- OBS Studio 29.0 or earlier - These steps are not required. The Stream Deck plugin will load automatically when OBS Studio runs in portable mode.
- OBS Studio 29.1 or later - Follow this guide
Stream Deck Plugin Set-Up
1) Download and install the latest version of Elgato Stream Deck - elgato.com/downloads
2) Open Windows file explorer, and at the top, enter
C:\ProgramData then press enter
3) Navigate to the folder
4) Copy the files
5) Open the OBS Studio portable folder and navigate to
Paste the two files you copied into this folder.
6) Go back to the ProgramData folder located at
7) Enter the
8) Copy these files:
- The folder called
9) Go back into your OBS Studio portable folder and navigate to
10) Create a new folder called
11) Paste the files you copied into this folder.
12) The setup is complete. Launch OBS Studio in portable mode.
To verify the Stream Deck plugin has been correctly installed, in the navigation menu, click on Tools, and you should see Elgato Stream Deck.
Select Elgato Stream Deck to see the version and connection information.