A Smart Profile automatically switches the active profile on Stream Deck based on the program in focus. For this example, we’ll use Microsoft Teams to set up a Smart Profile.
Note: After configuration, for Smart Profiles to turn on, the Stream Deck software must be minimized. When the software is open, Smart Profiles are deactivated to prevent profile switching while editing the Stream Deck configuration.
If you need help creating a profile, check out our help guide here.
These devices are compatible with Smart Profiles:
- Stream Deck Mini
- Stream Deck
- Stream Deck XL
- Stream Deck Mobile
Setup a Smart Profile
1) Launch the Stream Deck App and the Application you wish to assign to a Smart Profile.
2) Click the Gear icon near the top of the window.
3) A new window will appear on the screen. Select the desired profile on the left-hand side. Click on the "Application" drop-down menu.
4) From the drop-down menu, select the application that’ll be assigned to the profile. If the application is not listed, select the "Other..." option.
Recently used applications will appear on the list automatically.
5) Once the application is selected, the app’s icon will automatically appear next to the profile.
You’re all set! Stream Deck will automatically switch to the Smart Profile once the application is detected as the focused window.
Note: For Smart Profiles to turn on, the Stream Deck software must be minimized. When the software is open, Smart Profiles are deactivated to prevent profile switching while editing the Stream Deck configuration.