This guide will go over how to setup Cam Link Pro and Multiview with Slack.
Cam Link Pro installed in a desktop PC
- Setup guide
4K Capture Utility 1.7.4 or newer installed
Slack Version 4.14.0 or newer installed
1. Open Slack and navigate to the top left corner to the menus.
2. After the menu has been opened, navigate down to File, and then within the File dropdown menu, navigate to Preferences.
3. You can also use the Windows shortcut of “Ctrl + Comma” to open up Preferences.
4. After the Preferences have been opened, navigate to the Audio & Video section on the left side.
5. Open up the Camera dropdown menu, and select Cam Link Pro HDMI 1 / Multiview as the Camera source.
6. Once you have selected the video input, you can view the camera preview in the box above.
Setting Up Multiview
With Multiview selected as the camera input to Slack, you can show up to all four inputs of Cam Link Pro at the same time through the different Multiview layouts.
Configuring Multiview can be done in two ways:
- 4K Capture Utility in the Cam Link Pro settings
- If you have a Stream Deck, by using the Cam Link Pro plugin
If you are not looking to use Multiview, you can select any of the other HDMI inputs in the list to enable that HDMI input as your camera.