Here are the changes in Elgato Camera Hub 1.2.2.
You can download Camera Hub 1.2.2 by clicking on the links below.
What's new in Camera Hub 1.2.2?
🆕 Facecam Firmware 4.06
Facecam is getting even better with this latest firmware update. Highlights include:
- Improved compatibility with M1 Apple Silicon Macs and Microsoft Surface Books.
- Enhanced colors.
- Fine-tuned auto exposure with more granular EV control and more dynamic range.
- Refined noise reduction with both noise reduction turned off and on.
- Improved anti-flicker handling and added the option to completely disable anti-flicker.
See the difference now! Follow these steps to update your Facecam.
ℹ️ More device information (Windows only)
Our philosophy for Facecam is that you should be able to control every parameter of the image and know exactly what the camera is doing.
With this update, you will see Facecam's current video resolution and frame rate that is being fed to an application. This is another first for a webcam.
To see this information when using Facecam in a different application, for example, OBS Studio or Zoom, Camera Hub needs to be in Compact Mode. Learn how to use compact mode.
💡 Turn off Anti-Flicker
Now you can switch off Anti-Flicker for more accurate exposure when using automatic exposure mode.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Resetting Facecam now also resets LED mode and USB transfer mode to their defaults.
- Fixed an issue where compensation jumped to -3.0 when restoring defaults under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the current firmware version was sometimes not displayed in the firmware update dialogue.
- Video preview is working again on macOS 12.1 and later.
- Increased the size of the framing grid for high DPI displays.
- Resolved application crashes that rarely occurred with the previous version.