This guide will walk through how to update the firmware of HD60 X.
ℹ️ When performing a firmware update, it is critical that the update is not interrupted. While updating, please ensure the following:
⚠️ Do not disconnect HD60 X.
⚠️ Do not close or quit 4K Capture Utility.
⚠️ Do not shut down your computer.
Elgato HD60 X Firmware Changes
Firmware 22.04.026 (MCU Version 22.04.08)
- Fixed an issue where on-device tonemapping would not activate using the P010 format.
- Fixed an issue with crackling audio.
Firmware 22.04.07 (MCU Version 22.04.08)
- Fixed an issue where audio and video would go out of sync when the HDMI signal changed (for example, HDR turning on) in third-party applications such as OBS Studio.
- Fixed an issue where captured audio would sometimes stutter or break.
Firmware Update Steps
1) Download and install the latest version of Elgato 4K Capture Utility from elgato.com/downloads.
Updating firmware using a Mac is not currently possible.
2) Open 4K Capture Utility
3) Press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard, and while doing so click on the preferences icon at the top right corner.
4) Now release the CTRL key.
5) In the preferences window navigate to the Device tab
6) Click on the Update Firmware wait until the update completes.
⚠️ Do not unplug the USB cable from HD60 X during the firmware update.
7) After the update is complete, unplug the USB cable from HD60 X for 30 seconds, and then plug it in again