Here are the changes in 4K Capture Utility 1.7.7.
You can download 4K Capture Utility 1.7.7 by clicking on the link below.
- Elgato 4K Capture Utility 1.7.7.msi
- Find hardware drivers here.
What's new in 4K Capture Utility 1.7.7?
This update focuses on improvements and optimizations following the release of HD60 X.
🔃 HD60 X Firmware Update
This update includes new firmware for HD60 X, which addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue where audio and video would go out of sync when the HDMI signal changed (for example, HDR turning on) in third-party applications such as OBS Studio.
- Captured audio would sometimes stutter or break. Not anymore!
Learn how to update your HD60 X firmware here.
📺 Improved recording formats when using HD60 X
High-quality recording options are now available, depending on input resolution.
- 4K60 input can now be captured as 1440p60 (default) or 4K30.
View the full list of supported passthrough and capture resolutions.
↔️ EDID Improvements
- Overhauled EDID timing to better support 1440p120 with compatible passthrough displays.
- Improved handling of EDIDs containing DisplayID data blocks, which resolved an issue when using a Gigabyte M28U monitor for passthrough.
- Improved compatibility with Stream Deck by adding a new Stream Deck specific EDID.
Learn more about using custom EDIDs.
🎞 Fractional fps filter for Smart Folders
Harking back to the beginning of TV and broadcast, consoles will output 60fps video as 59.94 Hz.
Improved filters in the video library so that 30 / 60 fps also include 29.97 / 59.94 fps.
Learn more about using Smart Folders.
🛠 Bug fixes and performance improvements:
- Fixed an issue where Cam Link 4K video was darker than expected when 4K Capture Utility was open.
- Resolved a bug that could cause Live Commentary to be enabled unintentionally.
- Resolved a bug where recordings would fail or a message would incorrectly appear stating that a recording is already in progress when HDR recording was enabled.