NVIDIA Broadcast features AI based background blur, background removal, background replacement, and auto framing, using an NVIDIA RTX GPU to accelerate the AI process.
This guide will cover how to use Cam Link 4K with NVIDIA Broadcast.
Setup Cam Link 4K in NVIDIA Broadcast
1) Download and install NVIDIA Broadcast from https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/broadcasting/broadcast-app/
These are the NVIDIA Broadcast requirements set by NVIDIA:
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, Quadro RTX 3000, TITAN RTX or higher
- RAM: 8GB RAM or higher
- CPU: Recommended: Intel Core i5 8600, AMD Ryzen r5 2600 or higher
- GPU Driver: NVIDIA Display Driver version 456.38 or higher
2) Once NVIDIA Broadcast is installed, open the application
3) From the menu bar select Camera (Beta)
4) Choose Cam Link 4K as the camera source in the dropdown menu.
Note: Cam Link 4K supports only one output resolution. This resolution is determined by the input resolution coming into Cam Link 4K from the source.
5) Next, choose the desired effect from the dropdown menu.
- Background blur - Blurs the background to create a high-end camera bokeh blur effect
- Background removal - Removes the background
- Background replacement - Replaces the background with a custom image
- Auto frame - Attempts to keep your face in view no matter where you move
Adjustable settings are different per effect.
Here is an example of the blur effect off and it on at max strength.
No Blur -
Max Blur -
6) Once the effect is selected and set up, open the program that will be used.
7) When selecting the camera/capture device, choose Camera (NVIDIA Broadcast)