Cam Link Pro is primarily designed to work with an unencrypted HDMI video source from a camera.
Supported Input Devices
Cam Link Pro can capture the HDMI video signal of any device if it is unencrypted and within the resolution and frame rate which Cam Link Pro supports.
Some examples are:
- Action Cams
Please make sure that your camera offers a resolution and frame rate mode that Cam Link Pro supports.
Can Cam Link Pro capture Game Consoles?
Yes, Cam Link Pro can capture the HDMI output of game consoles such as Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch.
Note that when using a 4K compatible console such as Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5, the maximum supported capture resolution of Cam Link Pro is 1080p60.
Game consoles always require a 60 fps video output, and since Cam Link Pro does not support 4K60 video, the next resolution that supports 60fps is 1080p, so the consoles will output at 1080p60.
Cam Link Pro does NOT have HDMI passthrough. When capturing a console, to view the video either use software preview, or if low latency is needed, use a HDMI splitter to split the console HDMI signal to a TV or monitor.
Supported Resolutions and frame rates
Cam Link Pro supports the following resolutions:
- 480p (720 x 480 resolution, up to 60 fps)
- 576p (720 x 576 resolution, up to 50 fps)
- 720p (1280 x 720 resolution, up to 60 fps)
- 1080i (1920 x 1080 resolution, interlaced, up to 60 fps)
- 1080p (1920 x 1080 resolution, up to 60 fps)
- 1440p (2560 x 1440 up to 60 fps)
- 2160p (3840 x 2160 resolution, up to 30 fps)