This guide will go over how to playback Music and Sound Effects from Stream Deck through Wave Link.
Stream Deck features royalty-free Music and Sound Effects that can be added to any content. Wave Link makes adding Music and Sound Effects to live or recorded content easy and gives maximum control over audio levels.
- Stream Deck 5.0 or later
- Wave Link Software
- Elgato Wave product to enable the Wave Link software
1) To begin, add Music or Sound Effects to a key. Learn more how to add Music or Sound Effects in these setup guides:
2) Open the Wave Link software
3) Add a new channel and select either Music, Sound FX, or both, depending on which you want to playback through Wave Link from Stream Deck.
For this guide, we'll add both Music and Sound Effects (SFX)
4) Now go back to the Stream Deck app and select the key which you want to play through the Music or Sound Effects Wave Link channel.
5) At the bottom of the Key's property inspector, click on the Output dropdown menu and select the Wave Link channel the audio will playback through.
- Wave Link Music
- Wave Link SFX
The name of the channel will change depending on which Wave product you use
6) Now, when the key is pressed, the audio will playback through the selected channel in Wave Link, and output to both the monitor mix and stream mix.
7) To balance the audio levels, use the monitor mix or stream mix faders to control the playback level for each mix independently.
By playing music through the Wave Link Music channel and sound effects through the Wave Link SFX channel, you have total control over the volume and mute status at all times, with one not affecting the other.