This guide will show you how to set up the Astro A50 with your Elgato Game Capture HD60 or Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro so you can record party chat in recordings or streams.
Items Needed for Setup
• Astro A50 headset system
• Elgato Chat Link
• Astro Gaming 2.5mm to 2.5mm cable
• Microsoft Xbox One Headset Adapter
• 2.5mm to 3.5mm Cable ** (included with Microsoft Xbox One Headset Adapter)
• Xbox One Controller**
**Note that no matter if you have a new controller with a 3.5mm jack or an older generation controller, the Microsoft Xbox One headset adapter is needed. The adapter includes a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter which is necessary for this setup. Users have reported online that generic 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters do not work with this adapter, so deviating from this setup is not recommended
1) Set up the items listed above in the configuration shown in the photo.
*Note that the picture shown shows the setup for the Elgato Game Capture HD60. If you are using an Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro, the 3.5mm would be plugged into the LINE IN port of your desktop computer instead of the analog input of the Elgato Game Capture HD60.
2) Open up Elgato Game Capture HD software.
3) Click Device Settings.
4) If using an Elgato Game Capture HD60, Under Audio Input, click the dropdown box and select Analog Audio (Game Capture HD60).
If using an Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro, under Audio Input, click the dropdown box and select Line In.
Recording Your Voice
To record your own voice, connect a separate microphone to your computer:
How do I use Live Commentary?