Below is a comprehensive list of Elgato Camera Hub software releases.
🆕 Facecam Firmware 4.06
Facecam is getting even better with this latest firmware update. Highlights include:
- Improved compatibility with M1 Apple Silicon Macs and Microsoft Surface Books.
- Enhanced colors.
- Fine-tuned auto exposure with more granular EV control and more dynamic range.
- Refined noise reduction with both noise reduction turned off and on.
- Improved anti-flicker handling and added the option to completely disable anti-flicker.
See the difference now! Follow these steps to update your Facecam.
ℹ️ More device information (Windows only)
Our philosophy for Facecam is that you should be able to control every parameter of the image and know exactly what the camera is doing.
With this update, you will see Facecam's current video resolution and frame rate that is being fed to an application. This is another first for a webcam.
To see this information when using Facecam in a different application, for example, OBS Studio or Zoom, Camera Hub needs to be in Compact Mode. Learn how to use compact mode.
💡 Turn off Anti-Flicker
Now you can switch off Anti-Flicker for more accurate exposure when using automatic exposure mode.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Resetting Facecam now also resets LED mode and USB transfer mode to their defaults.
- Fixed an issue where compensation jumped to -3.0 when restoring defaults under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the current firmware version was sometimes not displayed in the firmware update dialogue.
- Video preview is working again on macOS 12.1 and later.
- Increased the size of the framing grid for high DPI displays.
- Resolved application crashes that rarely occurred with the previous version.
🛠 Bug fixes
Fixed a bug where Camera Hub would crash on macOS.
Fixed a bug where Camera Hub would freeze when selecting Cam Link or Cam Link 4K on Windows.
Fixed a bug where source devices would not appear in Camera Hub when connecting to Cam Link or Cam Link 4K while the app was running.
We want Camera Hub to become the solution for all your webcam needs. This update is a further step towards that goal.
🆕 Support for Cam Link 4K
This update introduces support for the original Cam Link and Cam Link 4K.
Through some technical magic, Camera Hub knows which HDMI device is connected to your Cam Link 4K, and will show you the device name.
* Supported only by Cam Link 4K
Adjust picture settings
Save current settings so they can be easily restored should other programs change them.
🆕 Framing Grid
Ever heard of the rule of thirds? With the new framing grid overlay, you can align your camera view perfectly.
🆕 Improved shutter speed control for Facecam
With this update, we're increasing the granularity of shutter speed control. With 32 steps, up from 12, you now have more shutter speed control to fine-tune image settings.
🛠 Bug fixes & Performance improvements
On Windows, the tray icon automatically adjusts color to match the system-wide light/dark mode setting.
New message for when Facecam is connected to a USB 2.0 port. USB 3.0 is required.
Added right-click context menu entry to check for updates in the Windows system tray.
This is the first update to Camera Hub since launching Facecam. We're overwhelmed by your response and enthusiasm! In this update, we've focused on bug fixes and improvements for the main issues reported by you, our awesome community.
🆕 Facecam Firmware v2.52
This firmware update fixes the issue where shutter speed was reset to 1/125s.
🆕 Shutter Speed and White Balance display
More information is now at your fingertips. In automatic mode, the shutter speed and white balance values will be displayed.
🆕 Mirror video preview
You can now mirror the video preview in Camera Hub. This only applies to the Camera Hub preview, not third-party software such as OBS, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
🛠 Bug fixes & Performance improvements
- Storing and restoring Facecam settings reliability has been improved.
- Zoom will no longer reset to 1.0x after connecting Facecam to a PC or restarting the PC.
- Camera Hub will now display appropriate messaging if access to Facecam is blocked by Windows Camera Privacy Setting.
- Available disk space is shown for the snapshot save location in Preferences.
- Snapshots on macOS now look better and include the correct color profile information.
- Resolved a bug where the save button was active even when no settings had been changed.
Camera Hub 1.0 is now out. It is the software used to setup and control Elgato Facecam hardware.