Firmware updates for Facecam deliver the latest image quality improvements and bug fixes.
Performing a firmware update can help in certain situations when experiencing issues with Facecam, such as settings not properly saving.
⚠️ If you are not experiencing any problems with your Facecam and are happy with the product, we suggest not performing a firmware update.
Elgato is working to quickly resolve known issues in the latest firmware release. Thank you for your patience!
Facecam Firmware Version Information
The newest firmware available for Facecam is version 2.52. This firmware is bundled with Camera Hub update 1.1.
Changes in firmware 2.52
- fixed the issue where shutter speed would reset to 1/125s.
Changes in firmware 2.33
- Fixed a bug where settings are not saved correctly.
Firmware Update Steps
1) Download and install the latest version of Camera Hub from http://www.elgato.com/downloads
2) Close any programs and applications that may use Facecam. For example OBS Studio, Xsplit, Zoom, Teams, Slack.
3) Open Camera Hub
4) Press and hold the CTRL key (Windows) / Command Key (macOS) on your keyboard, and while doing so click on the Facecam settings button
5) Release the keyboard key, and click on "Update Firmware..."
6) If a newer firmware update is available, begin the update.
⚠️ Do not disconnect Facecam, quit Camera Hub, or shut down your computer while the update is in progress.
7) Once the update is complete, Facecam will automatically restart and appear in Camera Hub.
After a successful update the firmware version will be 2.52.
If the firmware update fails to complete, please submit a ticket at http://e.lga.to/help.