In this article, we’ll go over how to properly connect and set up your Elgato Chat Link Pro with PS4 and PS5.
- Chat Link Pro
- PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 controller
- Compatible headset
1. Plug the male 4-pole 3.5mm jack of the Elgato Chat Link Pro cable into your PS4/PS5 controller.
2. Plug your compatible headset into the female 4-pole 3.5mm port of the Elgato Chat Link Pro.
3. Plug the male 3.5mm jack of the Elgato Chat Link Pro cable into the 3.5mm analog input port of your external capture card or Line-In port on your laptop or PC.
Note: Make sure you are using the Line-in port and not the Mic port on your PC. Mic ports use different voltages and may cause issues.
Game Capture Software
1. Open up the device Settings (cog icon in the device menu on the right side of the app).
2. Locate Audio Input which is under the Capture tab.
3. Change Audio Input from HDMI Audio (External Capture Card) to Analog Audio (External Capture Card).
4. Click the OK button.
OBS Studio - PCIe Capture Card with Line-in Port Input
1. Right-click on your "Video Capture Device" source and click on Properties.
2. Within the Properties window, click on Configure Video.
3. Check the box for "Use Custom Audio Device"
4. Select the input on your computer where the Chat Link is connected.
5. Click on "OK" to close the Properties window.