This guide will cover the first-time setup and use for Elgato Capture.
Set Up Elgato Capture
These steps will guide you through the first-time setup of Elgato Capture.
1) Download Elgato Capture from the App Store - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/elgato-capture/id6456798479
2) Launch Elgato Capture
3) To capture video and audio, you must grant Elgato Capture permission to access both.
4) Select Ok
5) Repeat for Microphone
6) Once at this screen, connect your Elgato device.
7) Your device will be detected automatically and configured as the audio input and output.
Note: If your Elgato device is connected before you launch Elgato Capture, the audio output will not automatically select the capture device. Select it from the Device dropdown manually.
8) Tap the red record button at the bottom to start a recording.
Note: If this is the first time, you must grant Elgato Capture permission to access your photos to save the recording and snapshots.
9) The recording length and file size will be displayed while a recording is active. Tap anywhere in that area to stop the recording and save the video to the selected location.