Below is a comprehensive list of Elgato EpocCam releases for macOS.
Elgato EpocCam for macOS Release Notes - Software Download Links
- The installer is now compatible with macOS 12.3.
- The installer should now work on M1 Macs even if they don't have Rosetta installed.
- If the driver's service has been disabled somehow, it is re-enabled during installation.
- Fixed an issue that could result in loss of video signal.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in video freezing or no connection that could be triggered by heavy system load with certain networking drivers.
- Systems without hardware video decoding support such as some older Mac Pro models work with EpocCam again.
- The Windows driver is now 64-bit.
- Various fixes and performance improvements.
- PLEASE NOTE - Version 2021.3 of the iOS app requires the use of this new driver. The older drivers will not work at all. The new driver requires macOS 10.14 or later.
- This update brings with it completely new under-the-hood architecture for improved video quality and lower latency.
- Thanks to this new architecture, video bit rates have been increased up to 13 Mbps when using Wi-Fi, and up to 84 Mbps when connected via USB.
- Video from EpocCam on your computer is now processed by the GPU, improving overall system performance.
- Microphone audio is now captured in stereo on compatible iPhone / iPad models.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements to network discovery, NDI mode, Wi-Fi connectivity, and more.
This release includes a new Portrait Mode. This mode requires downloading and updating the EpocCam Driver.
- USB stability fixes on macOS
- Native support for Apple M1