This guide will walk through how to install Wave Link on Macs with Apple Silicon.
Due to changes in security with Apple Silicon and macOS 11 Big Sur, the installation requires some additional steps.
These are the requirements for installing Wave Link on Mac with Apple Silicon
- Wave Link 1.1.7 or newer - Download from http://www.elgato.com/download
- macOS 11 Big Sur or newer
- Mac based on Apple Silicon hardware
Installing Wave Link
1) Once Wave Link is downloaded, double click on the .pkg file to install it
2) After the installation is complete, Wave Link will show a warning message about system extensions.
3) Click on Open Security Preferences to open the Security preferences
4) Click on the lock icon and enter an administrator username and password to unlock the preferences
5) Click the Enable system extensions… button
6) Click on Shutdown
7) Press and hold the power button on the Mac until Loading startup options appear under the Apple logo. At this point, the power button can be released.
8) Click on the hard drive which macOS is installed on
9) Now click on Security policy
10) Set the security option to Reduced Security and check the box "Allow user management of kernel extensions from identified developers"