These steps can be used to manually pair an Elgato Wi-fi lighting product if other methods are not working correctly.
These steps can be used for the following products:
- Key Light
- Key Light Air
- Ring Light
- Light Strip
This setup requires that your Windows PC has Wi-Fi capability.
- These steps can be used on a desktop PC even if it used a hardwired connection as along as a built-in or add-in Wi-Fi card is connected.
- If your PC does not have WiFi, you can use a mobile iOS or Android device.
1) Open the Windows WiFi settings.
2) Find the Elgato Wifi product and click on connect.
- If the Elgato WiFi product is not found, reset it. Learn how to reset your device.
Note that during this time your computer will not be able to connect to the internet. This is expected.
3) Once connected, open a web browser.
4) in the URL bar, copy and paste the IP address below and press enter.
5) The lights Wi-Fi details page will load.
- Enter the name of your WiFi network. This needs to match the network name exactly including upper and lowercase letters and spaces.
- Enter the password to your Wi-Fi network
Select Wi-Fi Security:
- Select WPA/WPA2
6) Once all details have been entered, click on Connect. Your device will restart and try to connect to your network using the details.
7) Open Control Center software to verify that the light has connected successfully.
Alternatively, open your router's dashboard and check if the Key Light has connected
Another method to check of the device has connected is by opening a command prompt window
Enter the following into command prompt and pres enter.
dns-sd -B _elg._tcp
If your lighting device blinks 3 times this indicates it was not able to connect to your WiFi network with the supplied WiFi name and password. Reset your device and repeat the process. Ensure the information is entered correctly.