This guide will go over how to record high quality video with Quicktime on macOS when using HD60 X.
Quicktime can record high quality video in either 720p60 or 1080p30 from HD60 X.
Game Capture HD60 X
macOS 11 Big Sur or later
1) Open Quicktime by finding it in the Applications folder in Finder or by typing Command+spacebar and entering Quicktime
2) With Quicktime open, at the top of the navigation bar click on file and select New move recording
3) The Quicktime recording interface will open.
4) Click on the down facing arrow next to the record button to open recording options
5) In the camera section select Game Capture HD60 X, and in the audio section select Game Capture HD60 X
6) You can choose between high and maximum recording quality.
- High - Recordings are 720p, 60fps in H.264 format.
- Maximum - Recordings are 1080p, 30fps in ProRes 422 format.
7) To start recording click on the recording button
8) To stop the recording click on the recording button again.
9) The video you just recorded will appear. Press command+S or select File>Save to give the video a name and save it.