This article will guide you on setting up Xbox Series X or S capturing with Elgato 4K X.
Required Items for Setup
The following are required for capturing the 4K X:
- Elgato 4K X
- Xbox Series X or S
- Desktop or laptop with USB 3.2 Gen 2 port (USB 3.2 Gen 1 works with reduced capture resolution)
- 2 x HDMI cables.
- One is provided with 4K X.
Inputs and Outputs
4K X has one HDMI input, one HDMI output, one USB output, and one audio input.
This connects to a game console or other video source. Signals protected by HDCP can't be used.
This sends the HDMI signal in real-time to a TV or display so that you can play your game normally.
Analog Audio In
This connects to an analog audio source using a 3.5mm cable. This is the audio line-in and not a microphone port.
This USB-C port sends the captured video to your computer via a USB 3.2 Gen 2 port (USB 3.2 Gen 1 works with reduced capture resolution).
1) Connect your Xbox Series X/S to the HDMI In of 4K X via an HDMI cable.
2) Connect the HDMI Out of 4K X to your TV or display via an HDMI cable.
3) Connect the 4K X to your computer via a USB cable.
4) Open 4K Capture Utility or OBS Studio to start capturing right away or add 4K X to your preferred streaming software such as XSplit, SLOBS, and more.