This article will guide you on recording using an iPad with Elgato 4K X.
To use the 4K X for capturing content on your iPad, ensure you have:
- Elgato 4K X
- Elgato Capture app (Apple App Store).
- 1 x HDMI cables.
- One is provided with 4K X.
1) Visit the Apple App Store on your iPad.
2) Search for Elgato Capture and download the app for free.
3) Use the included Type-C to Type-C cable to connect 4K X directly to your iPad.
4) Open the Elgato Capture app.
5) Tap the Record button at the bottom. The preview border will turn red to indicate that the recording has started.
How can I take a snapshot during recording?
Next to the record button, tap the snapshot button to save an image from the preview.
How do I change recording settings?
Video: In the Video menu (top left), adjust the recording device, resolution, and framerate.
Audio: In the Audio menu, select the microphone or audio input. If 4K X isn't listed, disconnect and reconnect it to your iPad.
Can I play the captured audio through the speakers on my iPad?
Yes, select "Pass to Speakers" to play the captured audio through your iPad's speakers, allowing your iPad with Elgato Capture and 4K X to serve as an all-in-one capture and display solution.
How do I monitor audio levels?
Audio meters are located at the bottom right, showing the audio input levels from the capture card.
How can I view the recording in full screen?
Next to the audio meters, there's an option to set the preview to fullscreen, which hides the menus and interface.
Where are my recordings and snapshots saved?
By default, recordings and snapshots are saved in the iPad's photos library.
You can change the storage location in the app's settings to a custom location, like a connected USB SSD or SD card, for easy offloading and editing.