This article will guide you on installing the Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2 in a desktop PC.
Steps Required Before Setup
Download and install Elgato 4K Capture Utility software, which you will need for the initial setup:
Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2 can use Elgato 4K Capture Utility 1.6.1 and above for Windows 10.
Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2 cannot use Elgato Game Capture HD Software for Windows 10 at all.
Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2 can use some other Windows software, including OBS, after you have completed the installation process.
Items Needed for Setup
• Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2
• Desktop PC with available PCIe 2.0 or higher (x4/x8/x16) slot
• Possibly additional tools depending on your desktop
1) Make sure your desktop PC is turned off, and unplugged from all devices before beginning.
2) Dismantle your computer's tower case so that your motherboard is exposed. This may require tools.
Please Note: Before handling any sensitive components within your computer, you’ll want to make sure you touch a metal side of your computer's case to discharge any static electricity, to prevent static electricity damage. Optionally, you can purchase an anti-static wrist strap to prevent static electricity damage.
3) Once you have access to your motherboard, locate an available PCIe slot.
4) Remove the slot cover on the back of the computer's tower case that lines up with the PCIe slot.
5) Seat the Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2 into the PCIe slot.
6) After seating, screw in the Elgato Game Capture 4K60 Pro MK.2 to the computer's tower case to secure it into place.
7) Reassemble the computer's tower case and plug your cables back in.
8) Turn on your computer.