This article covers the setup for EpocCam, for both macOS and Windows.
EpocCam Setup Guide
1) Please check the System Requirements to make sure that EpocCam can work with your computer and phone.
2) Setup your wireless network. Both your computer and phone must be connected to the same WiFi network. Exact setup details depend on your OS version and phone model; please check Microsoft and Apple support how to connect to your wireless network if needed.
iOS devices also support a USB connection. Connect your iPhone or iPad to computer using a USB cable.
Make sure your device is shown in iTunes, sometimes device is not recognized correctly and needs to be reconnected.
Third connection option for iOS is Newtek NDI. NDI connection does not require installing EpocCam drivers for computer. For example Ecamm Live broadcasting application supports NDI.
3) Install the EpocCam Application to your phone.
Apple App Store
4) Install the EpocCam driver to your Mac/PC computer.
Testing EpocCam Setup
Verifying EpocCam installation:
1) Start “EpocCam Viewer” on your Computer.
Start Menu -> Programs -> Kinoni -> EpocCam Viewer.
2) Open EpocCam Application on your phone/tablet.
For macOS, we don’t provide a dedicated tester app, but we recommend testing with a web browser and this website to test it: WebRTC Samples
1) Open WebRTC Samples on web browser.
2) Choose “EpocCam” from “Video source”.
3) Open EpocCam Application on your phone/tablet.
When searching the server, the phone’s screen should look like this.