Elgato Facecam can be used in NVIDIA Broadcast to create background blur or background removal effects leveraging the power of GPU-assisted AI processing.
Set up Facecam with NVIDIA Broadcast
1) Download and install NVIDIA Broadcast from https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/broadcasting/broadcast-app/
These are the NVIDIA Broadcast requirements set by NVIDIA:
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, Quadro RTX 3000, TITAN RTX or higher
- RAM: 8GB RAM or higher
- CPU: Recommended: Intel Core i5 8600, AMD Ryzen r5 2600 or higher
- GPU Driver: NVIDIA Display Driver version 456.38 or higher
2) Once NVIDIA Broadcast is installed, open the application
3) From the menu bar select Camera (Beta)
4) If it is not selected already, click on the Camera Source dropdown menu and select Elgato Facecam
5) For the best image processing, set the resolution and frame rate to 1920 x 1080 @ 60FPS
6) From the effects dropdown, select the effect to apply to Facecam video
- Background blur - Applies a blur to simulate a depth-of-field effect
- Background replacement - Replaces the background with a custom image or green background for chroma keying
- background removal - Removes the background
- Auto frame - Keeps the video centered on your face when moving around
- Video Noise Removal - Removes video noise or "grain"
7) Once the effect is selected, various parameters can be configured
8) Now open the application that you want to use Facecam video in.
9) When selecting the camera input, select Camera (NVIDIA Broadcast)