This guide goes over how to change Elgato Facecam USB transfer mode between Bulk and Isochronous.
USB 3.0 includes two different types of transferring data, known as USB transfer modes. The two available modes are bulk and isochronous.
The USB transfer mode can be manually selected which can help resolve stuttering or freezing video issues.
By default, Facecam is set to Automatic. When in Automatic, Facecam will select the transfer mode based on this criteria:
- Windows PC - Bulk
- M1 Mac - Isochronous
- Intel Mac - Bulk
- Microsoft Surface - Isochronous.
How to Switch USB Transfer Modes
1) Download and install Camera Hub 1.2.2 or later
2) Update Facecam to Firmware 4.06 or later.
3) Open Camera Hub
4) In Windows, press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard, and click on the Facecam settings. If you are using a Mac, press and hold the Command button, and click on the Facecam settings.
5) From the USB transfer mode dropdown, select either bulk or isochronous.
6) Facecam will momentarily disconnect while the transfer mode is changed.